A few of the many benefits of volunteering include:
- You will receive the attention of the Volunteer Nursing Corps Director to ensure that your needs, skills and desires are matched to a volunteer opportunity that will be enjoyable and meaningful to you. After placement, on-going support is always available by phone.
- You will be joining network of Nursing and other Health Care Professional Volunteers.
- Volunteers giving 50 hours of service yearly will be our guest at an annual luncheon celebrating our volunteers’ community service, fun, food, and prizes – a good time for all who attend!
- You’ll receive satisfaction knowing you were able to serve those in need in our Community.
- You can receive Community Service Hours or Clinical Hour Credit towards your academic Coursework (with your professor approval).
- You’ll live longer and feel better! According to recent studies completed at Johns Hopkins, individuals who volunteer extended their lives by 2.4 years and they lost an average of 3.2 lbs. their first year of volunteer activity.
- You’ll gain new skills, insights into yourself, as well as make new professional and social contacts while helping others in your community.